- Join Murder's Inc!
- TS Connection Guide
- Server Guidelines
- Admin Handbook
- Battlelog Platoon
- Steam Group
- Rust Map
- BF Stats
- Rust Stats
- Roles & Responsibilities
The document below outlines the expectations of Murder Inc's Admins. All admins volunteer of their own accord to help better the gaming experience at MIgaming. Admin responsibilities can at times be stressful, but the position is always very rewarding. The role of volunteer admin is a temporary position available to all MI members who have applied and gone through the interview process. While volunteer admins are the front line representatives, and enforces of MI... they are not policy makers.
Some of the links below may work only for volunteers.
1. Volunteer Admin Requirements
Proven dedication to the community. Every one of our members is welcome to apply to become a server admin. But what we are looking for when potentially choosing you is a proven track record of dedication. YOU need to be active in game (Battlefield/Rust/etc.), on the forums, and in Teamspeak. It's very hard to be an admin and lead if you're not active within the group. Being an admin is not a permanent position since there are many members who want the chance to become an admin, but not many admin slots available. Rotating new admins in keeps all volunteers fresh.
A reasonable level of intelligence. When one is an admin they are essentially on their own most of the time. You are going to be called on to make decisions in game that can drastically affect the portrayal of MI as a whole. Admin manager won't always be on to offer up advice on how to deal with a situation. And not making a decision can be just as bad as making a wrong one.
Don't be a pushover. As an admin you have the right to tell people what to do. Now this doesn't mean we turn into bullies and boss people around. Your power should be used with discretion. If you feel you need to order someone to do something, then do it. You can't be an admin and try to please everyone all the time. Sometimes you will have to make decisions that aren't going to please everyone.
Be professional when wearing MI tags in game this becomes essential. You can't go around abusing admin for little things just because someone annoyed you. If a person is actually going against community/server rules than do what you got to do, but be professional about it.
It is expected that you to put in at least 10 hours weekly. Since, servers are so popular we constantly need admins to do their job. We do encourage you to take time off for vacation or even just a break for a few days but please let the admin manager know.
Fill out BAN REPORTS in the Admin Ban Reports Section
A) Battlefield Reports
B) Rust Reports
Admins need to be in the correct game channels while playing in order to be more aware of what's going on in the gaming server. If there is an issue, admins playing in particular server should be consulted before making a decision.
2. Kick/Ban process
- All bans require ban reports.
- Server Guidelines for the whole kick/ban process (read "Kick/Ban process sections 1&2).
3. Admin forum etiquette
Section 1. Conduct
- Have fun but be respectful of new members.
- When taking part in a heated debate do NOT throw personal insults/threats.
- Make sure you are familiar with the information in the "TRACKER".
- Make sure you are familiar with the admin guidelines before posting (you will be notified of changes to the original document).
- Sometimes when you have a question it might be better to message the donation lead/admin lead/server lead.
Section 1.What is a Ban Appeal?
- A Ban Appeal is a forum post in the Ban Appeals section an offending player submits to appeal there ban.
Section 2. Handling ban appeals
- The banning Admin may be notified of the appeal by the ban appeal manager, however admins need to "follow" ban appeals section. Only the banning admin and selected individuals are to respond to the ban appeals. We strongly believe by giving people a second chance if they admit guilt and take responsibility for their actions. DO NOT side with anyone in the ban appeal post, DO NOT question the banning admin in public all these things need to be done in a private forum/channel.
5. Admin abuse
Section 1. What is admin abuse?
- Admin Abuse is any admin abusing his or her position without justified reason or cause or to get an edge over other players.
Section 2. Examples of admin abuse
- Some examples of Admin Abuse include but are not limited to, banning or kicking a player for being “too good.” Banning or kicking a player for talking crap to others or the admin themselves. Being asked by another player to ban or kick someone before investigating the cause for the request is also Admin Abuse. This list is not all inclusive and admins are expected to keep a level head when considering a kick or ban of a player. If in doubt consult another admin.
6. Abusive admin warning/removal process
- When an admin falls out of line and is found to be abusing their powers or is not fostering a healthy community environment action may need to be taken to remove them.
Section 2. Removal process
- 1st offense warning will be given advising the admin which actions need to be corrected immediately.
- 2nd offense FINAL warning will be given advising the admin which actions need to be corrected immediately.
- 3rd offense admin removal.
Chat BoxAngry_Cuban13 16th Mar Konflict did a bad thing, so he was put in timeout.SNARL 16th Mar Why is Konflict banned?Angry_Cuban13 16th Mar and JERiv.Angry_Cuban13 16th Mar There's nothing going on. Konflict decided to do his own thing. However, we will be undergoing a name change at the end of this year possibly since our domain name is expiring. at that time we will make an announcement as to what will become of MIg. As of today, MIg's Leads continue to be BrianSNARL 16th Mar Also, if "anyone who wishes to be part of that community is welcome in our servers" then why is Konflict banned?SNARL 16th Mar If Brain is still MIg, then why did Konflict say "So, the key leads (Proprioception, Form4t, JayRocked, Konflict_Rize) banded to form MIgaming, Now AscendanceGaming. We retain the motto and operating principles"SNARL 16th Mar Thanks for the update, but you guys need to let people know what's going on.Angry_Cuban13 16th Mar We wish Konflict good luck in his future endeavors and anyone who wishes to be part of that community is welcome in our servers.Angry_Cuban13 16th Mar our*Angry_Cuban13 16th Mar Seems like he decided to split up from the group. Brian and JERiv continue to manage our servers and a few of us admins continue to enforce the rules. MIg will only die when the there are no servers left and given out current population trend I don't see that happening anytime soon.SNARL 16th Mar "The founder(s) of CMW no longer wished to manage the group and the current website we were using was to complicated for most. So, the key leads (Proprioception, Form4t, JayRocked, Konflict_Rize) banded to form MIgaming, Now AscendanceGaming. We retain the motto and operating principles, as well as,SNARL 16th Mar It states: "Ascendance is the third chapter of the original dynasty CMWgaming, created in late 2011 after two of the founding members were banned from their favorite server for not following some rule to a "T". This lead to the creation of CMW and the motto No Stupid Rules"Angry_Cuban13 16th Mar MIg isn't going anywhereSNARL 16th Mar Why is Konflict banned? Is MIg moving to AscendanceGaming or Red Pill? Can someone explain what’s going on?Angry_Cuban13 16th Mar DNS issueDa-Jesuss 16th Mar Do you know how much worthless crap I was unable to post...Da-Jesuss 16th Mar What happend with website...UrbanCamper 15th Mar too much toxicity add me to the list. i'm too old for any of this kindergarden shit. good luck. it was funAngry_Cuban13 15th Mar Nothing Forum Activity
- BF Stats
- Join Murder's Inc!